BURNDY® was founded on July 19, 1924 as Burndy Engineering Company in Brooklyn, New York, by science historian and civic leader Bern Dibner. The name BURNDY® is a contraction of Dr. Dibner’s first name and last initial, “BERN D”. Dr. Dibner designed and patented a universal connector, requiring neither soldering nor welding thereby enabling a unified grid.
Until its acquisition, in 1988, by the French corporation Framatome Connectors International (FCI), BURNDY® remained family-owned. Later, in November 2005, FCI was acquired by Bain Capital and it was in October 2009 that the BURNDY® segment became a part of the HUBBELL Electrical Systems family of companies (NYSE: HUB.B).
REQUEST A QUOTE